Tools & Resources
Browse the PlanH resource library of publications by category below.
For more PlanH resources visit the following sections:
- Visit our Rural Portal for resources tailored to small, rural or remote communities.
- Find PlanH Action Guides here.
- Find links to Partner sites here.
- Find access to the latest health data here.
- Watch interviews with local leaders and short videos here.
Provides information on the importance of welcoming communities, the role of local governments and the steps they can take to create welcoming communities, and community examples. A list of resources, tools, and links are also provided within the toolkit.
– Alberta Urban Municipalities Association
Free workplace wellness program that offers employers resources and support to create a tobacco-free workplace.
– Canadian Cancer Society British Columbia and Yukon and Province of British Columbia’s Healthy Families BC Initiative
Describes projects that can be funded through the Western Diversification Program (WDP), which makes investments in the economy for Western Canada.
– Western Economic Diversification Canada
Describes themes from literature reviews and interviews with practitioners, and observations and challenges for each of the themes.
– Australia Research Alliance for Children & Youth
Succinct fact sheet based on a review of recent evidence in Canada.
– Canadian Institute of Planners
Rishi Manchanda has worked as a doctor in South Central Los Angeles for a decade, where he’s come to realize: His job isn’t just about treating a patient’s symptoms, but about getting to the root cause of what is making them ill—the “upstream" factors that can influence personal health such as accessible food and air quality.
This is a short primer on social enterprise with illustrated examples from across BC. Social enterprise is introduced as a tool to address community challenges in employment, culture, environment, healthcare and poverty.
- Enterprising Non-Profits BC
First in a series of BC Food Security Gateway stories addressing the widespread food insecurity and poverty plaguing BC
Outlines links between health and housing in the US.
– Robert Wood Johnson Foundation