Tools & Resources
Browse the PlanH resource library of publications by category below.
For more PlanH resources visit the following sections:
- Visit our Rural Portal for resources tailored to small, rural or remote communities.
- Find PlanH Action Guides here.
- Find links to Partner sites here.
- Find access to the latest health data here.
- Watch interviews with local leaders and short videos here.
This guide is for local governments of rural and urban communities across British Columbia who want to create active, healthy and thriving places for all people.
Provides examples of community processes and current practice and advice about active transportation planning for a transportation planner audience.
– Transport Canada (Environmental Initiatives Group)
Developed by local governments under the Built Environment and Active Transportation (BEAT) program. (program currently closed)
Succinct fact sheet based on a review of recent evidence in Canada.
– Canadian Institute of Planners
CAPE (Canadian Association for Physicians for the Environment) has released a new toolkit to help health professionals become advocates of active transportation and transit with their patients and in their communities.
The toolkit is designed with five stand-alone modules so people can focus on the ones of most interest to them.
A guide on how to incorporate accessibility strategies into Official Community Plans (OCPs).
– Ministry of Community, Sport & Cultural Development
Provides information on how communities and businesses can become age-friendly, and summaries of age-friendly community action examples in Revelstoke, Saanich, and West Vancouver.
– Province of BC
Designed to bring together all those interested in age-friendly communities in Canada. Sections on new knowledge, networks, research, policy and practice.
– Age-Friendly Communities Canada Hub
Thanks to innovative planning and multi-sectoral collaboration, the Village of Granisle is a thriving community as well as a vivid demonstration of how age-friendly policies improve health and wellness for community members of all ages.