Browse the PlanH resource library of publications by category below.
For more PlanH resources visit the following sections:
- Visit our Rural Portal for resources tailored to small, rural or remote communities.< /li>
- Find PlanH Action Guides here. < /li>
- Find Publications here. < /li>
- Find access to the Latest Health Data here. < /li>
- Watch interviews with local leaders and short Videos here. < /li>
Offers a range of papers and resources about transportation, with a strong focus on sustainable and healthy transportation modes.
How can sport attract and include more of us to play, volunteer and cheer — and help us feel like we belong? How can sport and recreation help the 35% of Canadians who find it difficult to make new friends?
From healthier and more meaningful lives; safer, more resilient and more inclusive communities; flourishing culture and identity and greater community participation; a greater sense of belonging has an extraordinary capacity to transform our lives and our communities.
Volunteer BC is a provincial non-profit organization that promotes volunteerism and has over 30 volunteer centres throughout the province. Local government staff can encourage local residents to engage in volunteer opportunities within communities by contacting local volunteer centres.
– Vounteer BC
Step by step tools and resources to a healthier life.
– BC Recreation and Parks Association
Provides informational support local government in taking local action on climate change issues and projects, with many complementary resources to help communities be healthy and sustainable. Offers many publication resources that can be downloaded for free.
– The Partnership for Water Sustainablity in BC
Provides immigrants and newcomers to British Columbia with information on immigrating to, living, and working in the province. A series of guides to everyday life (e.g., manage your money), a service-finding search list, and BC Newcomers’ Guide are among the tools available on the website. Also contains information on the diversity and immigration statistics for communities based on the Statistics Canada Census.
– Province of BC
Free workplace wellness program that offers employers resources and support to create a tobacco-free workplace.
– Canadian Cancer Society British Columbia and Yukon and Province of British Columbia’s Healthy Families BC Initiative
Describes projects that can be funded through the Western Diversification Program (WDP), which makes investments in the economy for Western Canada.
– Western Economic Diversification Canada