Enabling Accessibility Fund
Enabling Accessibility Fund is designed to provide funding for projects that improve accessibility in communities across Canada. From Employment and Social Development Canada.
Deadline: August 1, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST (9:00 pm PST).
Projects may include:
- renovating, retrofitting or constructing community facilities where programs or services are offered to people with disabilities;
- retrofitting motor vehicles used as community-based transportation; and,
- providing information and communications technologies to make them more accessible for the community.
Eligible recipients for this CFP are:
- Municipalities with a population under 125,000 as per census data;
- Aboriginal organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities);
- Territorial governments; and,
- Not-for-profit organizations.
Find the application under the Develop Your Proposal tab: PDF, esdc-emp5585(2013-12-001)e.pdf, 761 KB, printed on 24 pages
In addition, there will also be an opportunity for small businesses to apply for funding through a call for proposals under the Workplace Accessibility Stream, which is expected to launch in the coming months. For more information about the EAF Workplace Accessibility Stream, visit www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/disability/eaf/workplace.shtml.