Emergency Community Support Fund Open for Applications
The Government of Canada’s $350 million Emergency Community Support Fund is now open. The Emergency Community Support Fund supports community organizations helping vulnerable people during the COVID-19 crisis. Community organizations may seek funds to undertake a wide range of activities and to serve a wide range of vulnerable groups.
Community organizations may apply for funds through either the Canadian Red Cross, Community Foundations of Canada or the United Way Centraide network. The right place to apply depends on the community organization’s type:
- Non-profit organizations may apply to the Canadian Red Cross’ national portal here.
- Registered charities and other qualified donees may apply to Community Foundations of Canada’s national portal here or to their local United Way Centraide (check the United Way Centraide Canada’s website here for information on how to apply).
Community organizations of both types can apply to the Canadian Red Cross for training and equipment to help their staff and volunteers prevent disease transmission.
You can find more information on the Emergency Community Support Fund’s website. If you would like to learn still more, you can register here to join one of three webinars. We will hold the webinars at:
- 2:00 pm EDT, May 21, 2020. English. https://communityfoundations.
- 11:00 am EDT, May 22, 2020. French. https://communityfoundations.
- 11:00 am EDT, May 25, 2020. English. https://communityfoundations.