Communities Selected for Short Videos Announced
BC Healthy Communities Society (BCHC) is facilitating a province-wide story-telling initiative to shape the narrative around the impact of healthy community leadership in British Columbia. PlanH has selected five community stories from different health authority regions in BC. Filming is now underway.
The short videos will demonstrate how collaboration between local governments, health authorities and community partners can lead to positive changes in health and well-being. The range of story topics include; food security, aging well, healthy weights, active transportation and healthy city strategies.
The following communities were selected:
- City of Kamloops
- Village of Granisle
- Cities of Abbotsford, Chilliwack & District of Hope
- City of Comox, Village of Cumberland and the City of Courtenay
- City of Vancouver
The stories selected demonstrate collaboration and showcase how addressing healthy community issues requires moving beyond silos and working with whole systems. These stories:
- Describe a recent and innovative project, program, planning process, social innovation or partnership related to healthy community building.
- Highlight the role of one or more local governments in BC (municipality, regional district, etc.) in collaboratively advancing healthy communities initiatives.
- Demonstrate how different sectors have collaborated to achieve greater impact around health and well-being outcomes.
- Map out actions relating to a healthy communities topic such as healthy eating and healthy food systems, community planning, physical activity, transportation networks, social connectedness, etc.
We received a number of high quality applications and thank all applicants for their story submissions. The series will be completed and released on this website in the Spring of 2016.
Jennifer Nichols, Communications Specialist