Measuring what counts in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic: Equity indicators for public health
This event is hosted jointly by the National Collaborating Centre for Determinants of Health (NCCDH) and the National Collaborating Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCCID).
This webinar will take place in English.
In this webinar, speakers will discuss the development and application of a public health emergency preparedness framework, corresponding indicators and health equity prompts.
The framework and 67 corresponding indicators were developed by a Canadian team of public health researchers through a program of CIHR-funded research. Recognizing the value of these tools in the COVID-19 pandemic, the NCCID and NCCDH collaborated to develop a set of equity prompts for practitioners, decision makers and organizations to apply in emergency preparedness planning, response and recovery efforts.
The webinar will conclude with a discussion of the next phase of research, as well as the development of a dashboard.
Participants will learn about:
- a Canadian public health emergency preparedness framework and corresponding indicators;
- the process taken by the National Collaborating Centres for Infectious Diseases and Determinants of Health for evidence review and augmentation of the indicators, with equity prompts for use in the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond; and
- how the research findings and the resource can be applied in practice and by an organization.
- Claire Betker, Scientific Director, NCCDH
- Margaret Haworth-Brockman, Senior Program Manager, NCCID
- Dr. Yasmin Khan, Emergency Preparedness Physician, Health Protection, Public Health Ontario